Psychology Self-Help Resources on the Internet
These pages http://www.psywww.com/resource/selfhelp.htm contain links to sites providing free information and help about specific disorders related to psychology. These sites might offer commercial products, but in order to qualify for inclusion here, a substantial amount of information must be offered free of charge.
In addition to this page, Psych Web maintains lists of psychology departments on the web, scholarly psychology resources on the web, and psychological brochures on the web.
- Abuse -- Physical and Sexual
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and ADHD
- Addiction, all types. See Substance Abuse for chemical addictions
- Adolescent behavior problems. See also Family Issues and Relationship Issues.
- Adoption -- psychological issues
- Advocacy for Consumers of Psychological and Psychiatric Services
- Aging -- psychological issues for the aged and for caretakers
- All-purpose Self-Help sites which offer advice on all sorts of problems or mental health in general
- Alzheimers -- Alheimer's Disease and Senile Dementias
- Anxiety -- Non-specific anxiety syndromes, Social Anxiety, Social Phobia, and Shyness. See also Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic Attacks, Phobias and Fears, Stress and Trauma, and Trichotillomania
- Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and Hyperlexia
- Bipolar Disorder ("Manic-Depression")
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Borderline Personality disorder
- Childhood Behavior Problems. See also Adolescent behavior problems and Family Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Communication Disorders, Dyslexia, Hyperlexia
- Death & Dying See also Suicide Threats and Behavior
- Depression See also Bipolar Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Eating Disorders including obesity, anorexia, bulimia
- Family Issues (See also Relationship Problems for issues involving couples.)
- Genetic Disorders other than Down Syndrome: Angelman Syndrome, Fragile X, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Others
- Learning Disorders
- Multiple Personality (Dissociative Identity Disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Online Therapy, Counseling, and Emotional Support
- Pain (Chronic Pain Syndrome)
- Panic Attacks
- Personality Disorders (Borderline, Narcissistic, Paranoid, etc.
- Phobias and Irrational Fears
- Psychotherapy Consumer Information
- Relationship problems (Crushes, Dating, Marriage)
- Sexual Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress and Trauma
- Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency
- Suicide Threats and Behavior See also Death and Dying.
- Therapist Finder Sites
- Trichotillomania: The Hairpulling Disorder
- Violent Behavior
Write to Dr. Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Psych Web Home Page
...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.